- Salary up to £59,700 based on skills and experience
- Competitive pension contribution and other benefits
- Scope for flexible working, including working from home
- Opportunity to work for a leading humanitarian charity
If you’re looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life. We are happy to consider part-time working patterns.
|Department||Finance, Operations and Support Services (FOSS)|
|Responsible to||Chief Operating Officer|
|Responsible for||Line management of Operational Support Team (3 staff)|
|Key relationships||Regional and Country Offices; key head office
departments including Finance, Resource Development
and Global Impact; network members.
|Job purpose||To provide strategic leadership to organisational work to strengthen operational systems, processes and risk management consistent with a more decentralised way of working.|
- In leading a team of 3, you will provide strategic leadership to organisational work to strengthen operational systems, processes and risk management consistent with a more decentralised way of working
- Ensure cross-organisational participation where appropriate in the development of new SOPs in areas such as partnership management, contract management, minimum requirements for operational presence and operations closures and other operational controls.
- Drive forward the development of key business systems for HelpAge International globally, supporting more efficient and decentralised ways of working.
- Provide strategic leadership around future investments in systems development and integration, IT, supporting the work of the IT & Systems Development Manager.
- Lead on the coordination of the annual planning and reporting processes and the production of the corporate plan and report.
- Ensure HelpAge International has robust security management procedures in place globally and meets its duty of care to staff, partners and beneficiaries.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing business systems development strategies to ensure the effectiveness of the organisation with an ability to investigate new solutions
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and manage a diverse team including IT and system development team.
- Experience of working and supporting teams working remotely (matrix management).
- Knowledge of security management i.e. personnel, assets and cyber security.
- Experience of leading on strategic planning, preparing annual plans.
- Ability to project manage key projects like production of annual corporate report.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to communicate and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations at all levels with tact and diplomacy.
- Willingness to travel overseas